Wednesday

Imagination Working Overtime

After writing user manual for a software for the past 2 days, I feel like taking a break and write something totally unrelated to software industry. So, what do I want to write about? For a change, let me rattle about what I would have been, if I were living in my hometown as a traditional homemaker for the past xxteen years^^.

Ok, here we go with the profile first. Over-sized, mostly dressed in salwar khameez or nighty (of course with a shawl), face that has forgotten to smile for ages, say yes to whatever elders say, but with lot of regrets.

Going out for dinner with husband only once a month, without the knowledge of the in-laws. Holidays, only to Courtallam/Kodaikanal/Chennai, that too after lengthy discussions trying to convience elders that vacation is not a waste of money! 

Work? get up as early as 5.30 am and make yummy filter coffee, prepare breakfast, then slog whole day, mainly by overlooking maids and going out to buy wanted and unwanted junk...

Children? Send them to school with packed lunch and when they come back in the evening and chase them to go to extra study classses/tuitions and on week ends force them to take performing art classes...

Hobby? Read magazines, go to library (a way to escape the daily chores) and the topper is attending get-togethers and family functions. Here everyone is dressed to show off their latest collection of silk and gold and do what? talk about what had happened in the latest mega killer, I mean serial, as if that is the earth-shaking event...

Wha, already am breathless, let me think and checkout with my cousins and friends if I have left any typical stuff...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

why only kodaikanal, try mudumalai also
you can see some of my kodaikanal pictures at http://www.kodaikanalhotels.com/
Best regards
Bala

Reno said...

Eyes? It's hurting... Didnt get much sleep recently. I can see shape after a while reading your black-background blog page, although i have already put my monitor's to only 20% brightness. Please use other soft color...

VaishVijay said...

Am aslo thinking to change the design, will make it softer and merrier:)

Reno said...

Wah, so obedient? Nice~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...