Friday

Identity Crisis!?

When I entered my favorite temple ( will rattle about this in another post, after I download the photos), a tourist guide rushed to me and offered to be my guide in the temple, in broken English. When I refused, he tried to convince me in Hindi!! I had to shoo him away by talking in MADURAI TAMIL. What a shock! This IS MY HOME, and am not even attired in western or fancy outfit. Generally, locals will not be bothered bu guide. Then why am I bothered by a guide?

Later, I was reminded by my sister - in -law that I was still holding my sun glasses inside the temple, which is not a common sight among the locals. Well, I told myself, that I will watch out and be a "Madurian when in Madurai", as I dont wanna loose the identity when am in my home town^^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...